Like it or not, readers DO judge books by their covers.
It’s not enough to have a functional cover. You need something that will entice your target reader.
Whether you’re creating a cover yourself or working with a designer, ask yourself these questions:
- Is the cover attractive to your TARGET reader?
- Is the cover relevant to your genre or subject matter?
- Do the images, colors, type sizes and styles create the right mood for your book’s content?
- Does the placement of visual elements create a strong, unified impact—or does your eye jump from one element to another?
- Can you recognize the components of a good cover and do you understand how they subconsciously impact a buyer?
If you’re not sure how to answer these questions, Inksplasher can help!